Is your hair color natural or is it colored?
My hair color is natural. Once upon a time (about 4 years ago) I used to get beach blonde highlights. That was my freshman year of high school and my “trying to impress others faze” but I realized that I didn’t want to be paying $100 every 6 weeks for blonde highlights for the rest of my life so I let them grow out. All natural now.
If you could visit any country you wanted which would you choose?
There is so many that I want to visit how can I choose. I guess I’ll put the country I would like to visit most right now. That would be France; I have wanted to go ever since 6th grade. (Cant remember why) But New Zealand is in a close second. I want to see as much of this world as I can so it is only a matter of when…
How long have you been in Seattle and do you love it?
I have been in Seattle since September 2011 so about 8 months. I will be returning to Eastern Washington for the summer then back to Seattle in September. I really do love it; the weather in the winter is not great. But Seattle is a really great city and there is always something to do and something to see.
Where are you going to school?
I am attending the University of Washington in Seattle. I am currently a freshman but this year is almost over. And it has gone by super fast.
If you were to give a tourist a list of 5 places to visit in your own city, where would you suggest they go?
Difficult question… (Thinking) …..
1. Seattle Center. Okay so this is probably on a list on the Internet somewhere of “things to do in Seattle” but I don’t think anyone tourist or anyone should come to Seattle without seeing the center. The Seattle Center is home to the Space Needle, Key Arena, Seattle Pacific Science Center, Seattle Music Experience, International Fountain.
2. Alki Beach. So I posted about my first and only experience at Alki Beach here. It is a great sandy beach and a must-go-to spot when it is sunny. There are fire pits and beach volleyball nets. Be warned it is a little hard to find parking but so worth it.
3. University of Washington campus. Now this might be my bias opinon but it is a lovely campus and usually every weekend there is something to do. Come during the spring and the cherry blossoms are a MUST see. Also it is located right on Union Bay so it is a scenic spot.
4. Pikes Place. Now this is definitely on a list somewhere. But if a tourist was coming to Seattle they can’t miss Pikes Place. I would also suggest checking out the gum wall and the original Starbucks while you are in that area. Both are about 100 feet from Pikes Place.
5. Seattle Public Library and the Freeway Park. So I guess I snuck two in one here on number 5. Hope that is okay. The Seattle Public Library is huge and also has a really cool architectural design. And about one block away from the Seattle Public Library is the Freeway Park. Which is a Park that is over the Interstate 5 freeway. It is pretty cool. Also if you haven’t noticed all the places I listed above are FREE so see. Well not the Space Needle, which is included in the Seattle Center.
|From left: Alki Beach, Seattle Public Library, Gum Wall (no Clark is not actually licking it) , Space Needle, and Pikes Place during Christmas.|
Can you describe your blog in one sentence?
Yes I can. The sentence would be:
All Things Average Girl is a blog about the average girl’s ups, downs, life, love, style and everything in between.
What’s your favorite Disney movie?
Another tough question. I would have to say my favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast. It is really great. I always become a little disappointment when he turns into a human at the end. I just think he is adorable as the Beast.
Would you ever consider getting a dog?
Yes for about 5 years now I have wanted a English Bulldog. I will name him Duke. But I figure that I cant/shouldn’t get one until I have my own apartment and can give him as much love as he deserves. So I guess it will be a couple more years until them.
So those were all the questions from the Ask me anything post. If you ever have a question.. Feel free to email me.
I hope you enjoy.